Once spring cleaning is done, you’ve probably put the bleach away and your carpet, upholstery and rugs have been cleaned by a professional cleaning company. Now that the temperature is rising, it’s time to get the home ready to enjoy in warm weather!
1) Get a professional tune up on your air conditioning unit(s) at least once a year. The last thing you want is for your A/C to go out when those high temperatures hit. A professional can check for damage or leaks and make sure your equipment is running as efficiently as possible. Make sure clean filters are installed in your heating or cooling systems as well.
2) Clean your ceiling and portable fans for maximum efficiency and minimum dust. Turn off your fans when they are not in use and when you leave the house.
3) Replace heavy curtains with a lighter material. Consider window tinting or plantings that can create more shade on areas that get the most sun.
4) Clean your windows inside and out, and check for any damage to the glass. Rinse window screens, and check for damage. Replace weather stripping if necessary. Keep the cool air in and the hot air out!
5) Check all of your outside hoses for leaks and repair or replace, if necessary. Adjust sprinklers and watering time. This is a good time to make sure you don’t have any sprinkler leaks and to reposition sprinkler heads to make sure you are not wasting water on walls, sidewalks, or the driveway. During the summer the best time to water is in the late evening, after the sun has gone down, or early morning, when the air is the most cool.
At First Coast Home Pros, we pride ourselves in providing the best possible cleaning services for our clients. Clients up and down Florida’s first coast from Atlantic Beach to Ponte Vedra to St. Augustine trust us in their homes, and you can do the same!