It’s common knowledge that if you have carpet in your home, that carpet needs to be cleaned from time to time with more than just vacuuming. A great professional carpet cleaning will rid your carpet of the dust, dirt, and bacteria that are tracked in, and will reduce the allergens that become trapped in the carpet fibers. Beyond that, good professional carpet cleaners will make your carpet look and feel great, and help preserve it in the long run. The question is this: which type of carpet cleaning is best for your home?
There are five main methods of carpet cleaning:
- How water extraction (also known as steam cleaning) - Water and cleaning solution are heated and injected into the carpet where they loosen the soils and other substances in the carpet. The water, solution, and soils are all then extracted with strong suction.
- Dry extraction - A powder of solvents is spread over the carpet and worked into the fibers. The powder is allowed to sit in the carpet for a short time and absorb the soils, before being vacuumed.
- Foam extraction - A cleaning solution is applied to the carpet, and a machine with rotating brushes whips the cleaning solution into a foam and works it into the carpet fibers. The foam is then vacuumed.
- Absorbent pad (also known as bonnet cleaning) - A chemical solution is sprayed onto the carpet and coats the top fibers. An absorbent pad is then spun over the carpet using a rotary machine in order to pick up the solution, along with the soils it absorbed.
- Rotary shampoo - A cleaning solution is pushed into the carpet fibers by a machine with rotating brushes. The foam “shampoo” is then removed with vacuuming.
The Best Carpet Cleaning Method
Far and away the best method of carpet cleaning is the hot water extraction method. This method combines extremely hot water, extremely strong suction, and the right cleaning solutions to get carpets clean and soft. Dry or foam extraction, rotary shampoo, and absorbent pad cleaning will not make your carpets as clean as hot water extraction will. For the best carpet cleaning job, find the best carpet cleaners in your area who train their employees in the art of steam cleaning and use the best cleaning solutions on the market.
The Best Jacksonville FL Carpet Cleaners
Discerning homeowners throughout downtown Jacksonville, San Marco, Riverside, Mandarin, and Ortega know that for clean carpets, First Coast Home Pros is the service to trust. Carpet cleaning is our passion, and hot water extraction is our specialty. We believe that steam cleaning is the only way to get carpet thoroughly clean, and we believe in giving our clients the best possible service. Give us a call and let us make your carpet look and feel amazing!