It can be tough to find a responsible, reliable, and overall great carpet cleaning company. You want to be sure that your carpet is getting the best possible clean, that you can trust the technicians working in your home, and that you are paying a fair price for the work that you agreed to have done..
So why is it so tough to find a great carpet cleaning company? First of all, there is an unscrupulous tactic that pervades the carpet cleaning industry, known as “bait-and-switch.” In this practice, a carpet cleaner will offer you a low price, but then use hard-sell tactics that inevitably get you to pay for things that should be included in standard carpet cleaning jobs. It can also be tough to find a good carpet cleaning service because some companies choose to take shortcuts, thus leaving your carpet overly wet, or only temporarily taking care of spots or stains.
To find the best carpet cleaners for your home, you need to look for a company that takes care of its employees and their training, has invested in the best possible equipment, and is committed to giving the client the best possible service at a fair price.
Here’s what to specifically look for:
- Highly trained technicians - The best training a carpet cleaning professional can receive is from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification, or IICRC. With a certificate from the IICRC, you can rest assured your carpet cleaning technicians are trained in the best methods and techniques, and can be trusted to get your carpet as clean as it can be.
- Hot water extraction method - For truly clean carpets, you want to find a company that uses the hot water extraction method, or steam cleaning. Any other method, including dry cleaning methods, will not get your carpet fully clean, and will actually leave behind residue that will attract dirt, making your carpet even dirtier than before. It is also important that your technicians double extract your carpet, going over the carpet twice with the extraction wand so that as much water and cleaning agents are suctioned out as possible.
- Good equipment - Great professional carpet cleaning companies know they cannot skimp on tools and materials. That includes cleaning solutions, cleaning and extraction tools, and the truck itself.
- Free in-home estimates and an up-front price - The best way to avoid falling victim to a bait-and-switch trick is to request an in-home estimate and a firm price before the carpet cleaning team begins working. Remember that if a price sounds too good to be true, it probably is; that’s how the hard-sell scams work. If you choose a carpet cleaner based on price alone, you’ll likely be disappointed.
- Bonded and insured employees - Your carpet cleaners should be bonded and insured, so be sure to ask the company if it provides these features. It is also a good idea to ask if they require background checks for their employees.
- A company that guarantees its work - Find a carpet cleaning service that guarantees its work for 1 week. This will give you time to ensure you’re happy with the job that was done. Any spots that were only temporarily removed would resurface within a week, and this would allow you to have the company come back and fix its mistake.
At First Coast Home Pros, we pride ourselves in providing the best possible carpet cleaning service for our clients. That begins with free in-home and face-to-face estimates, so you’ll know exactly what the service will cost before our technicians even begin work. Our technicians are trained and certified by the IICRC, and have experience removing even the toughest stains from carpet. We specialize in leaving carpets clean, soft, and able to dry within just a few hours. Clients up and down Florida’s first coast from Atlantic Beach to Ponte Vedra to St. Augustine trust us with their carpet care, and you can do the same!