Everyone is aware of the need to have their homes and their surroundings clean. Cleanliness keeps you healthy. If your home and surroundings are not clean, then you’re likely to be exposed to all the infections and seasonal allergies that might be going around. If you have young children in the home, they’re especially vulnerable to such allergies, and more so if you also have pets in the house.
The dust and dirt from years of use settle on your carpets; though dust and dirt settle everywhere, it is worse for your carpets because they also collect dirt from our feet, pet dander, pollen and other air-borne pollutants and allergens. This can begin to affect the health of your family if not regularly and effectively cleaned, because every time you take a step, you will be disturbing these settled allergens and they will become airborne again. This is why dirty carpets are associated with respiratory diseases and other allergies. One of the first few things your doctor will ask you when you go to him with a respiratory problem is if there are any pets in your home and on your carpets.
Most health care administration recommends having your carpets professionally cleaned at least twice a year. The IICRC, which is the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, recommends that:
- Spots to be cleaned as early as possible to prevent staining
- Heavy duty cleaning for heavy traffic areas – once a year; twice if you’re prone to allergies and respiratory problems; professional cleaning
- Restorative cleaning – including polishing so that your carpet looks as good as new, once every two years by professional cleaners
- Heavy duty cleaning for high traffic areas – every six to twelve months
- Restorative cleaning – annually including polishing, by professionals
- Heavy duty cleaning for heavy traffic areas – every three to six months, professionally
- Restorative cleaning – including polishing so that your carpet looks as good as new, once every six months by professionals
When you get your area rugs cleaned professionally, we can take them to our workshop, and utilize our specialized equipment to get the cleaning done. This also means that your home remains free of the chemicals used for the carpet cleaning and also that the debris removed from the carpet doesn’t re-enter the air in your home. These are just some of the reasons that getting a professional to clean your carpets is better for you. In a place like Jacksonville, Florida where it is hot and humid, the summer air can literally weigh down all the allergens, so it is quite essential to have your carpets cleaned by certified professionals to keep your family and children healthy.
At First Coast Home Pros, we are proud to be one of the top cleaning companies on the First Coast. We are committed to being the best services company to enter your home. We are a family owned and operated business in Jacksonville, Florida and are dedicated and professional in our approach. The many awards and accolades that we have earned over the years will attest to the quality of our services. We help you to keep your home clean and welcoming. Whatever your cleaning needs, call us. We are one of the best cleaning companies in Jacksonville, Florida. Call us for a free quote!