It is amazing how many items are in our homes that can be used for much more than we utilize them for. Using these cleaning tips and common household items to clean can save money, a trip to the store, and helps to keep harmful chemicals out of your home.
1) Baking Soda
· Baking Soda can be used to easily remove grease and grime from kitchen surfaces.
· Works great for carpet deodorizing, just sprinkle onto carpet before going to bed and vacuum in the morning.
· To clean a barbecue grill, sprinkle dry baking soda on a damp brush, scrub, and then rinse.
2) Dryer Sheets
· Clean shower doors with a used dryer sheet to dissolve soap scum.
· Get baked-on foods off pots and pans by placing a dryer sheet in a pot, fill it with water and let sit overnight, and then sponge off the next morning.
· Using dryer sheets to dust ceiling fans and light fixtures not only attracts the dust to the cloth faster than a rag but over time creates a anti-static barrier that helps repel dust.
· To get rid of lime buildup, make a paste of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply the paste to sink fixtures and rub off with a cloth.
· Remove dark stains on an aluminum pot by boiling a mixture of 1 cup white distilled vinegar and 1 cup hot water.
· Shine colored porcelain sinks by scouring them with undiluted white distilled vinegar.
· Rinse away soapy film on counter tops with a solution of white distilled vinegar and water.
4) Shaving Cream
· Clean a bathroom mirror with white, not gel, shaving cream, then wipe with a soft cloth. This also helps keep the mirror fog-free after showers.
· Shaving Cream is also a great De-greaser for your hands. Put it next your work bench and all you need is a dry cloth, no water, to clean grease and grime from your hands.
· Shaving Cream also works great to polish metal hardware and appliances.